Become Your Healthiest, Most Nourished & Fittest Self In Only 10 Minutes A Day!
You want to lose weight but can’t find the time to cook. You know that you need to exercise more, but somehow the day passes without you stepping foot in a gym. You are trying to get healthier but have no idea where to start.
Does any of this sound like you? If so, then you are not alone.
Getting healthy in today’s day and age can definitely be a challenge. Trust me when I say, been there done that! When I started my health journey, I had no idea where to start and found myself looking at various diets, fitness trends, and health products—most of which were conflicting with one another. I was confused! So it’s no wonder that you might not be losing the weight or feeling better when you don’t know whether you’re supposed to be eating paleo, vegan, raw, raw till 4 p.m., clean, or fasting. Then there’s the whole topic of working out and what is best. Seriously, what is best?!
Well, I’m here to share something that might just change your life right now.
All you need is 10 minutes a day to become your healthiest, most nourished, and fittest self!
So what is the basis of the 10 minutes a day? It’s so simple that you might not even believe in its power. In this approach, nothing takes more than 10 minutes, yet you will see immense benefits, such as:
- Getting a fitter body
- Learning to cook healthy meals
- Feeling more positive about life
- Managing stress more effectively
- Getting glowing skin
- Creating habits that you actually will stick to
I wasn’t always known as a health and wellness expert—quite the opposite, in fact. I was modeling and living a very unhealthy life. Once I left the fashion industry, I went from starving myself and overexercising to completely the opposite, in which I ate my emotions away and gained weight, felt so bad about myself that I didn’t want to exercise, couldn’t sleep and took sleeping pills for five years straight, and fell into a dark place. I didn’t think there was a way out of all of this. It wasn’t until I let go of the intense pressure I put on myself to be “perfect” that I begin to truly understand it is the simple changes that were the ones that were actually making me healthier.
Here are some of my simple 10-minute-a-day challenges. I’d love you to copy these into your phone and put an alarm on to do one of them each day, preferably at the same time, and see what happens. (The results might shock you!)
- Every time you go to the bathroom, do 10 squats. Simple as that. Keep track of how many squats you do, and see if you can do more the next day.
- Run or jog for 10 minutes. If you never exercise, this is a great place to start—10 minutes. Lace up those shoes, go around the block twice, and you’re done. Repeat 4–5x a week.
- Take 10 minutes to write down everything you are grateful for in this moment.Do it in your phone, in a notebook, or on a piece of paper; just be sure to actually write it down.
- Get into bed 10 minutes earlier than the night before. This also means putting the phone away when you get into bed!
- Set your alarm 10 minutes later. Sleep is the most vital nutrient we don’t get enough of; going to bed 10 minutes earlier and sleeping 10 minutes later can be the difference between eating that extra bag of chips or not.
- Add two extra colors to each meal. Take a few extra minutes when you’re ordering food to make sure you have at least three colors on your plate (green, red, orange, or spinach, tomato, carrot).
- Take 10 minutes to eat your chocolate. Yes, you get total permission to eat chocolate! But it’s required that you put a timer on your phone then put your phone to the side and really taste the chocolate. Let it melt in your mouth and savor each bite.
Now, you might think that these 10-minute tips are not enough to get you to the body and health you want, but they add up. It’s more important what we do on a daily basis than it is what we do once in a blue moon. Ten minutes a day will create consistency and lasting habits, plus it won’t leave you feeling angry that you just HAVE to spend two hours at the gym in order to lose weight and dread it for hours or days prior.
Nope, we are all about simple things here! Simple food swaps, simple exercise tips, and simple mental changes that take no more than 10 minutes but will add up to getting you to healthiest and most nourished self!
I’d love to know, what are YOUR best 10 minute tips? Share below!
Originally posted on MindBodyGreen