10 Reasons you should be consuming more vitamin C
Feeling a bit under the weather or just want to be healthier? Here are 10 reasons why you should be consuming more Vitamin C:
1. Fights off colds
2. Clears skins – decreasing wrinkles and blemishes
3. Effective antioxidant – keeping you looking younger for longer
4. Essential for immunity
5. Helps in lowering blood pressure and this lessens the chances of getting hypertension
6. Vitamin c lowers lead toxicity significantly – which can severely affect development and behaviours
7. Deficiency of vitamin C leads to cataracts
8. Helps in absorption of iron.
9. Protects your body from getting infections
10. Promotes healthy teeth, bones and helps your body to be able to repair wounds very quickly.
The best sources of vitamin c are citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, limes as well as currants and watermelon among others. Vegetables are also a good source of vitamin c and they include cabbage, lettuce, greens and peas.
Adults need 40mg of vitamin C a day. Vitamin C cannot be stored in the body, so you need it in your diet every day.
Written by: Eshere Ward