20 Must Read Life Lessons
I wanted to share my top 20 Life Lessons with you all- things I personally live by and believe to be true. It’s taken many years of travel, experiencing new cultures and allowing myself to see things that I needed to change in myself in order to truly comprehend, appreciate and live by these lessons.
- Don’t try to read other people’s minds. Don’t assume they can read yours. Communicate and you’ll find most things can be solved by a few words.
- Organize your closet, living space, kitchen and workspace. You will immediately feel better and be able to focus more.
- Always be honest with yourself and others.
- Treat everyone with the same level of respect you treat your grandparents with.
- Apologize even when you are right; taking the high road will give you more happiness.
- Let go of things you can’t change and concentrate on things you can.
- Be silly, playful and stop taking life so seriously.
- Make mistakes. Lots of them. When you mess up, it’s a chance to learn, grow and not repeat the same mistake.
- Don’t compete with anyone else but yourself.
- Start doing things you enjoyed as a child. You’ll find a new found sense of happiness.
- Don’t judge others. Just because they don’t live their life according to your standards doesn’t make their beliefs incorrect.
- Love everyone, everything and everywhere you go. It doesn’t mean that thing or person will be in your life forever, it just means you can show appreciation and enjoy the moment.
- Make time to travel. You can always work but the opportunity for exploring the world will not always present itself.
- Exercise a little more, eat a little less, mainly plants and remember to rest.
- Be kind to all those you come in contact with: you never know someone’s story until you ask.
- When life gets tough, remember that like the seasons, things will change.
- Tell those in your life you love them. You never know the last moment you’ll get the opportunity.
- Be grateful, show respect, love those around you and be happy. There’s really nothing more to life.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, make the best of it.
- All things in life are about progress, not perfection.