HIIT Circuit: "a cardio star is what you are"
Mark created this specific workout for Nikki to suit her current fitness level. It is a very challenging circuit that will get you sweating and pushing yourself farther than you’re used to. This is a HIIT (High-Intensity-Interval-Training) workout that uses your own body weight, extra weight, and cardio based exercises to tone your entire body.
REMEMBER: adjust any workout to your current fitness level, so this means changing either the length of time you spend doing each exercise, the time of rest, or weight.
(See below for modifications on how to make it easier)
– Each exercise lasts 60 seconds: do as many repetitions as you can during this time.
– 10 second break in-between each exercise, which gives you time to change positions, grab different weights, etc.
– 60 second break between sets 1 & 2.
– Complete 3 times.
SET 1: SET 2:
Sit Ups With a Medicine Ball 2kg Leg Raises
Medicine Ball Press Ups Thrusters 4kg each side
Box Jumps Lunges 4kg each side
Kettlebell Squats 12kg Russian Twists
Burpees Crouching Star Jumps
To change the workout for beginners:
1) Take as many breaks as you like during the 60 seconds. Remember to still challenge yourself though!
2) Change each timed exercise from 60 seconds down to 30 seconds.
3) Increase the rest time from 10 seconds to whatever time you need in order to complete both sets.