My 7 Summer Favorites
Good morning beauties!
I had this intense moment of realization this weekend that summer is flying by faster than I can catch. As I was enjoying some much-needed time on the water for the first time in far too long, I started reflecting on all the things that I have been grateful for this summer. Below are my 7 summer favorites, from products to experiences, in case you all are looking for some inspiration for the rest of the summer.
- Coconut Oil Hair Masks: Coconut oil is by far the most versatile pantry item. This summer has been both humid and painfully dry, and thankfully coconut oil has rescued my hair through it all. If you live in humidity and have out-of-control frizz, try rubbing 1/2 a tsp between your hands and running it through the ends of your hair before leaving the house in the morning. For dry, breaking hair, lather your head with coconut oil before going to bed and wrap your head with saran wrap. This will rejuvenate your hair overnight and leave it feeling silky smooth.
- Rose Water: I love love love rose water for my face and body when I need to clean my face but don’t have a chance to fully wash it. After I go to the gym, I rub rose water on my face and wipe it off with a clean towel. You will be shocked at how much dirt comes off onto the towel, and will probably end up as hooked as I am on this magic water. The bottle above is only about $10, and Burt’s Bees is an ethical brand, so if you’re able to spend that much, I would get this brand.
- Active Dates with Friends: Instead of just going out for drinks, I love doing something active or different in this beautiful weather. This past weekend I went jet skiing, which was another reminder that I don’t spend nearly enough time on the water. I also love going to the beach, having a picnic at the park, going to see an outdoor movie, going on hikes, going to a workout class, etc! This is a great way to see friends and stay on track while trying to find a healthy balance this summer.
- Bright Colors: I have been absolutely obsessed with bright colors this summer. Bright nails, colors in your hair, colorful clothing, colorful workout clothes… you name it! It seems that the brighter my clothes are, the happier I feel. Colors give me so much confidence and energy, so I try to wear extra colors on days I need a little more of a boost.
- Farmer’s Markets: I can’t say enough about how much I love Farmer’s markets. So much produce is in season in the summer, so summer is the perfect chance to find your local weekend Farmer’s Market and get the freshest produce around. Not only will you generally spend less at a farmer’s market than you would at a grocery store, but you are also supporting your local farmers and making conscious decisions about where you are getting your food. Go and ask as many questions as you want – they are always willing to answer! And then get home and taste the difference.
- Exploring and Traveling: While traveling might not be realistic with your work schedule, exploring new parts of your own area is a great way to give yourself a mental break from your normal routine and help you appreciate summer a little more. Take advantage of this weather and check some activities/places/sights off your bucket list. Make sure to put the phone away and try to live in the moment as much as possible. Any time spent appreciating a new experience will rejuvenate you and help you get your mind off of daily stressors.
- Olympus PEN E-PL7: My most recent present to myself is this amazing new Olympus camera. I was recently playing around with my friend’s and I just had to order one for myself because it is so fun and easy to use. The screen flips around so it is perfect for vlogging (or taking selfies), and it wirelessly sends pictures to your phone and computer so you don’t have to plug it in! Plus, in Olympus fashion, it takes beautiful, professional-quality pictures and videos, with the simplicity and convenience of being a compact digital camera. Expect a lot more summer vlogging and food pics coming your way very soon 🙂
These are my summer favorites right now! I am so grateful for this season, and I am committed to making the most of my summer and appreciating every minute. Comment below or tweet @NikkiRSharp and tell me what you are grateful for this summer!