Vanilla & Mango whipped “cream” with berries
Having gotten home quite late, I needed to eat something before bed but I didn’t want anything to filling as it’s not good for your body to go to bed on a full stomach. I decided to make a superfood snack with some random ingredients and goodness, can I just tell you how amazing it came out?! This was a total mistake, but a delicious one at that, so naturally I had to share this tastiness with you. It’s very, very simple to make and is the perfect bedtime snack, dessert, or pick me up in the day.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Blender or food processor
- 1 banana
- 4 Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup mango coconut water (original is fine too)
- 1 scoop of Sunwarrior vanilla protein powder (you could use whey if you wish, I recommend vegan powders though).
- Optional add-ons: fresh berries, mango, cacao nibs
- Mix your banana, brazil nuts, coconut water, and protein powder for a few minutes in your blender or food processor. Once it has formed a thick ‘whipping’ cream it’s finished. For extra creaminess, add some frozen mango or freeze your banana prior.
- I put the “cream” over frozen mango, mixed berries, added a few more brazil nuts and topped with raw cacao nibs.
How easy was that?! Sometimes our best recipes come from mistakes, which is the thing I love about cooking. So why is this such a decadently beautiful meal to nourish you?
– Brazil nuts are high in the B vitamins, which provide energy for the body as well as selenium that helps fight free radicals and boost the immune system.
– Mangos help clear the skin and fight acne, have high fiber levels and vitamin C, which lowers cholesterol.
– Bananas have high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into seratonin, (the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter) and can help battle depression.
– Coconut water has higher levels of potassium than bananas, which aid in muscle recovery, and is extremely hydrating.
– Cacao nibs are high in magnesium, which promotes strong bones, helps decrease depression and boost your immune system.