DRACULA’S TERRIFYING TOFFEE APPLES
Halloween is just around the corner and while we all like a sneaky sweet treat, there’s no reason you should ruin your clean eating just because of this holiday. I’ve created some decadent toffee apples that won’t ruin your best efforts at staying healthy. (Just remember, moderation is key as these do still contain a bit of coconut sugar & agave).
– 4 apples
– 3 tbsp organic agave
– 2 tbsp coconut sugar
– 3/4 cup coconut milk
– 2 tbsp coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
– 3 tbsp chopped unsalted nuts
– 4 wooden sticks
1. In a pan on a high heat melt the agave and sugar until dissolved, slowly add the coconut milk slowly stirring constantly.
2. Remain on a medium heat, stirring constantly for around 15 minutes, until thick.
3. While the caramel is thickening, wash and dry your apples then spike the wooden sticks into the tops of the apples.
4. With a spoon, coat the apples in caramel and sprinkle the mixed nuts all over. Place on a plate and put in the fridge for at least one hour until the caramel sets (this may take longer) and serve.