Baked Beetroot Chips
The perfect little snack to keep your tastebuds tickled and your waistline trim.
Be sure to use a mandolin slicer for extra thin slices.
- 2 Medium beets
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper and Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the beets and slice 1/16 inch thick with a mandolin slicer.
- In a large bowl, toss beets with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place the beets in a single layer over 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Stack one baking sheet on top of the other. Bake until edges of beets begin to dry out, about 20 minutes. Uncover and rotate sheets. Bake 10 to 20 minutes, removing chips as they become lightened in colour.
- Transfer to a wire rack; the chips will then crisp up as they cool.
- Grind the black pepper and sea salt as desired.
These baked beet chips are perfect with hummus or just on their own….Enjoy!
Recipe created by: Eshere Ward