Creamy Beetroot Dip
Want a healthy, delicious, and absolutely simple recipe to make? Well you are in the right place my friend! If you are getting tired of the same old, same old recipes then don’t forget to check out all the other recipes on my website. Clean eating shouldn’t boring. It’s all about playing with different flavors, textures and colors to make your eyes, mouth and tummy satisfied.
Okay….back to this delicious creamy beetroot dip. It’s base is from beetroot with a little bit of Greek yogurt. If you are vegan then you could swap out for soft tofu (for the creaminess) or soy yogurt.
- 1 ½ cup cooked beetroot
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Small handful chopped mint
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- If you are using fresh beetroots, peel them, chop and add to a pot of boiling water. Cook until a fork goes through easily and they are very soft. Drain and allow to cool.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth paste, add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve with crackers, chopped veggies cut into thin strips, or use as a condiment on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.