Decadent Chocolate Brownies + Avocado Whipped Cream
For these absolutely delicious bad boys, I used the recipe for my black bean brownies which are so easy to make. And entirely addicting as well!
Two things I would suggest for making this: 1. when you are adding it to your tin, don’t forget to add a tiny bit of coconut oil (I use Lucy Bee brand) so the brownies don’t stick. You could also use parchment paper, however I found that coco. oil works best. 2. definitely add a pinch of cayenne (not chilli powder). It will add a beautiful and tantalizing flavor for your taste buds.
Now for the avocado whipped cream. This was absolutely delicious and adds a bright green to liven up your brownies.
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 TBSP coconut cream (not coconut milk; find the cream in a plastic wrap and typically in a box. The recipe doesn’t work if you use coconut milk, trust me, I tried)
- 1-2 TBSP honey/agave or a few drops stevia
- Cut your avocado in half, starting at one end and cutting lengthwise, until you meet the initial point. Using both hands, put one hand on each side of the avocado and twist in opposite ways, slightly pulling them apart. Using a knife carefully cut out the stone.
- In a food processor, add your avocado, 2 TBSP of the coconut cream, and 1-2 TBSP of honey (depending on how sweet your want it).
- Blend until smooth. If you want a slightly more vibrant green color, add 1tsp of chlorella powder (it won’t add any flavor if you use this amount, but will add a beautiful color and extra nutrients)
- Place the mousse in a sandwich bag and cut off one tip, about 1 cm. Then begin piping the mousse onto your brownies. We topped with extras of the shredded chocolate.
Hope you enjoy this decadent (yet totally healthy) recipe! I personally think the brownies taste the best once they’ve fully cooled down, so an hour later, but just TRY and wait that long 😉