Jazz Up Your Porridge: Zoats Style
By now you’ve hopefully mastered the almighty and super antioxidant filled green smoothies and are maybe needing some new breakfast inspiration. Well, look no further than ZOATS! Zoats is the combination of shredded zucchini and oats. The egg whites add protein, however if you are vegan than you could add vegan protein powder or chia seeds that have been left to sit with water and ‘gel up.’ The whites also add fluffiness, making your oats quite souffle-like.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1 medium Beetroot
- 1-2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- a few drops of stevia
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- coconut flakes
- grapes (or other berries)
- In a pan, shred your zucchini and Beetroot. Add the oats, water and egg whites and cook on medium heat around 3-5 minutes, constantly stirring. The zoats will become very fluffy with the zucchini & egg whites. Thee beetroot adds for an amazing splash of color and tons of extra nutrients.
- Add cinnamon and stevia and mix in completely. Start with just a few drops of stevia and as more as needed.
- Remove, add to a bowl and add coconut flakes, fresh berries, any nuts or seeds and additional cinnamon.
This breakfast gets (2types of!) sneaky veg into your morning meal, tastes amazing, is fluffy, and really satisfying. Give it a try and let me know what you think.