Little Bites of Heaven
When looking for peanut butter, always go to a health food shop (if possible) as most grocery stores will carry PB but it contains salt and/or hydrogenated oil. When purchasing always look for 100% peanuts and add flavors afterwards depending on what recipe you are using it for.
Now, we love bananas. They are full of potassium, simple sugars- meaning they are perfect for a pre-workout snack or a quick boost of energy, and have high levels of vitamin B6, which helps to promote well-being. Add bananas, peanut butter, dark chocolate, and coconut and we’re in heaven.
- 2 TBSP organic, raw peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ bar 85% dark chocolate
- Dissected coconut (no specific amount needed, just enough to roll it in)
- Cut your banana into small slices.
- Add your chocolate and coconut oil into a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, removing and stirring then adding another 30 seconds. Make sure you watch it carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn, but it becomes fully melted. (In a separate bowl mix your peanut butter or almond butter if you wish and optional vanilla extract.)
- Spread your peanut butter on one side of each banana slice, then top with the other. Using a toothpick or fork, dip your sandwich into the chocolate and use a spoon to fully cover each one. Let excess chocolate drip off, then roll in the coconut.
- Put on a plate and freeze for at least 20 minutes. (I left mine in overnight.)
- Eat every last one, or be nice and share with someone who will love you forever.