What was dinner? Why, a semi-raw, vegetarian, homemade lasagna. So ridiculously good, and super easy. It makes one serving, but you could probably get away with two, as I had left overs.
- 1 zucchini
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes (look for ones without sugar)
- 4 sundried tomatoes (you can use more/less)
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 1-2 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- Himalayan pink sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- 1. Peel your zucchini using a vegetable peeler into long thin strips. (Optional: cover in salt for 20 minutes, then wash off). Pat dry to remove all excess moisture. Cut strips in half, horizontal wise (to layer).
- In a blender, add your can of tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, 7 basil leaves, garlic clove, olive oil. Add a tiny pinch of cayenne & sea salt, to taste (start with less, add more as needed). Blend until completely smooth, or leave a bit chunky if that’s your preference.
- Add your sauce to a pan, along with your chia seeds, and heat completely through. (takes about 1-2 minutes)
- Begin layering, starting with 2 strips of the zucchini on the bottom, spoon the sauce on, add a few crumbles of cheese, then another layer of zucchini. Repeat until all is gone. Finish with remaining chopped basil leaves, cracked pepper, and toasted pine nuts (optional).
- Voila! Now eat!