Raw Cranberry Cheesecake
This absolutely delicious dessert includes cranberries, coconut cream, and macadamia nuts to create a smooth, whipped cream texture that will melt in your mouth. The original recipe I adapted this from was for a caramel & macadamia nut cheesecake from The Whole Pantry (app), however it didn’t have enough varied flavors for my taste buds, so I played with different flavors and managed to create something wonderful!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/5 cup honey
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
- (Add 1 or 2 dates if needed to bind the crust)
- 200g coconut cream
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (however I would personally change this to soaked cashews next time)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix all ingredients from the crust in your food processor. Add about half, blend then add the other half. Or just add all like me, and blend a few minutes longer until its creates a dough.
- Press into your spring tin or mini cupcake holders (I did both). You can leave out or put in freezer while making the cake portion.
- Add all ingredients for the main portion into your processor and blend until a whipped cream texture is created. Add to your crust.
- Add all topping ingredients into a blender or food processor until a liquid is created and the dates are fully incorporated. Drizzle on top of the cake layer.
- Top with additional fruit (I used cranberries and a tiny bit of matcha powder) and either serve as is or freeze for 2-4 hours until the cake portion has set. It shouldn’t be too firm when you serve it (although I tried it straight out of the freezer and it was fine!)