Toast with Peanut Butter & Pomegranate Seeds
This recipe is so deliciously simple and well, quite tasty too. Opt for rye or seeded bread and ones that have less than 5 ingredients. My personal favorite is Biona, however I am not sure if you can get this across the world so my suggestion would be to find a brand at a local health food shop that has tons of seeds, few ingredients, and is quite dense.
Pomegranate seeds are extremely high in vitamin C, with over 50% of your recommended daily allowance for one fruit, they are high in the B vitamins, help reduce muscle cramping, are abundant in antioxidants and thought to be 3x higher than green tea! They are so fresh, sweet, and have a wonderful crunchy texture to them. (Try adding them in this recipe, in your morning oats or just as a snack mid-morning instead of a coffee).
- 1 slice pumpkin seed bread
- 2 TBSP raw almond or peanut butter
- seeds of 1/2 pomegranate (2-3 TBSP)
- 1 tsp raw dessicated coconut (optional)
- Toast your bread, spread the nut butter of choice on, and add the raw pomegranate seeds.
- If you are using seeds from the actual fruit the best way to remove them is cut it in half, then in a bowl begin peeling off the skin allowing the seeds to fall to the bottom, as bits of skin will float to the top. Drain the water and you have lovely and fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Add the dessicated (or flaked) coconut on top of the seeds for extra flavor.