Vegan Wrap With Homemade Hummus
Today was one of those days where I felt like making something really delicious, yet easy. I’m all for throwing some ingredients in together and having a quick and simple lunch. This vegan wrap really won’t take you a long time at all, mainly just putting it all together.
I personally chose to make my own hummus, as it’s really easy to do and you can modify the flavors as much as you like. For this specific wrap I made carrot hummus.
INGREDIENTS FOR HUMMUS:
- 1 can drained/rinsed garbonzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium carrot (peel outside layer off)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender/food processor. Blend until well combined. Add a dash of water if needed, or 1 tsp more olive oil.
INGREDIENTS FOR WRAP:
- 1 Wrawp
- 1/2 cucumber, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Place your hummus on the smaller edge across the whole wrap (roughly 1inch). Add slices of your cucumber, cabbage, carrot and avocado.
- Start rolling. Fold the side with all the ingredients over itself, making sure they stay inside. Keep rolling until the edge is underneath. Cut in half.
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than this! Making the hummus is optional, however I think it’s far tastier (and fresher). This wrap is very good for you because almost all the ingredients are raw (except the chickpeas), which means that your body absorbs the most nutrients. Because of the various colors, you are getting an abundance of various vitamins and minerals, and it is high in protein because of the ingredients in the wrap, as well as the chickpeas.