What I Ate For Lunch
- large handful baby spinach
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- small handful alfalfa sprouts
- small handful mixed frozen berries
- homemade guacamole
- shredded chicken (no real quantity, it was what I had left from this post)
Now this might seem like a lot of ingredients, and as I mentioned in my last post the lovely thing about making your own food is that you don’t need to add so many ingredients, or you can add more! My salad was mainly raw except for the chicken so there was no cooking involved today.
- Take 1/2 an avocado, juice of 1 lime, small handful of cilantro (corriander). Mix all into a bowl, using a spoon or fork to mash the avocado until it’s fully mixed. Add a dash of Himalayan pink sea salt (if desired) and fresh cracked pepper. (serves 1).
The dressing for this was the same as my other post, so all in all this was a super simple and totally delicious salad. I really recommend taking pictures of your food for two reasons. 1: It makes you become creative and make your food look delicious and 2: You will slow down prior to eating it, which means your don’t shovel it in your mouth all at once. Both of these will make you start appreciating the food you create and learning what colors and textures go together.