Flab To Fab in 8 Minutes
You want to get fit but life just seems to get in the way. There’s kids, work, school, meetings, travel, and well… just life… and no matter how much time you set aside to exercise each day there never seems to be enough time. How can it be that you have 24 hours, 72 hours a week and yet no time at all?
If this sounds like you, trust me, you’re not alone. Even for myself I try to make time when I’m on holiday or during the weekends when I have vowed off work for a few hours to go exercise. So much easier said than done sometimes!
I wanted to share with you my flab to fab in 8 minutes routine and little tricks that will get you fit in no time at all. This way, there are no excuses, you don’t need to find time to hit the gym and you will feel amazing in just a few minutes of each day.
MY TOP TIPS
- Workout in the morning before you have time to make excuses. My favorite thing to do is doing a quick 10 minute circuit in my pj’s before I take a shower. This gets my blood flowing and wakes me up more than a coffee does.
- Do squats every time you go to the bathroom. This is a sneaky way to get your bum looking amazing without stepping food in a gym. Bonus, the more water you drink the more squats you’ll do!
- Stop making excuses. Be real with yourself and think about why you want to change. If you are serious about getting fit then you will make time in your day.
- Make it fun. Finding exercise that you enjoy will make you look forward to doing it each time, rather than dreading it.
- Have exercise be a reward, not a punishment. Too many people look at exercise as something that is only to burn calories instead of something that makes you feel amazing. If you find a form of working out that you love then it no longer becomes about only calories, rather it is a treat to do.
Now for the quick 8 minute fat blasting routine. It will leave you out of breath, sweating and is quite challenging, however you do not need any gym equipment for it, only your body and a positive attitude! I recommend using a timer application for this routine. Do this 3-4x a week for optimal results.
Each exercise lasts 30 seconds, repeat the routine 2x, with a one or two minute break in between. (I recommend using a timer on your phone such as the IntervalTimer app.)
- Jumping Jacks
- Pushups (on knees is okay, but remember to challenge yourself and do off knees if you can)
- Mountain climbers
- Alternative lunges
- Jump squats