What I Learned From Watching Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle Live
I’ve been pretty much obsessed with anything and everything Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle say. I watch their videos, read their books and use their quotes when I post a photo on Instagram. I think these two men are incredible powerhouses and have changed the world as we know it to create a more positive and loving place to live. I recently was invited to watch them speak live in Los Angeles and I am pretty happy to say that I was kind of jumping for joy at this opportunity. The afternoon began with a pre-event in Venice, hosted by Michael Trainer, the founder of Peak Mind, which was filled with meditation, amazing company, food and live music. We then all went to the Shrine Auditorium where the event was led by Gabby Bernstein and listened to the two men share their wisdom. These two have influenced much of how I think and so it was an honor to be invited. Here is what I learned from watching Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle live talking about consciousness.
Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment ~Deepak Chopra
The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present ~Eckhart Tolle
- Events like these are filled with love and compassion. Having been to many events, I can say that not everyone is friendly if you bump into them or cut in line. Going to a talk by these two men, all attendees were peaceful, calm and no one had any issue with anything. This is really how the world should be and it’s beautiful to see that it’s starting to spread.
- You will not understand everything they say. These two men are incredibly smart and sometimes their concepts went a bit beyond what ‘normal’ people can comprehend, but that will not stop you from being completely entranced.
- With great people come great ideas and great events. The most amazing thing about this event was that it was not just one person who put it together; it was the minds of many who made everything happen. It goes to show that together we can accomplish amazing things! We too often focus on ourselves, our own lives, and think that our own struggles are more important than anyone else. When you remove the ego and understand that together we can change the world, events like this happen.
- Their teachings go beyond any specific age, demographic or gender. There were 6,000 people in the Shrine Auditorium watching Deepak and Eckhart speak and you can image how many differences this brought. It was a beautiful thing to see how loving everyone was towards each other, especially in a time when we have political candidates trying to divide our country.
- Consciousness is as simple as your dog loving you. While some of the concepts they discussed were a little hard to understand, Deepak gave one example that was so clear and really hit me. A dog is in the now; he does not think about what happened last week when you didn’t give him a treat and he’s not worrying about next year when you might go on vacation. He is here now, to be loved and give love. That is how simple consciousness truly is! We don’t need to fret over having a bad childhood, our boss getting mad yesterday, or stress that we might not be able to afford our dream car in two years. All we need to do is be present right here, right now. That is what life truly is about and no amount stress, worry, or over analyzing or events will change it.
There are so many more take aways from this event and I wish that I could go on and on for this post. It truly was a magical event to be able to attend. Not only because I was listening to the individuals who have affected my life in such positive ways, but because I was able to experience what our world might be like one day. There was so much love, compassion, peace and understanding at this event. It was truly beautiful to meet every person that I did, have incredible conversations, and be able to experience what people joining together can do. Oh yea that coupled with I actually got to MEET Deepak Chopra and Eckhart Tolle… my year has been made!
What do you think of these two? Are you a fan of what they say?
Tons of love,